St. John Ambulance Indian red cross society, district branch SAS Nagar, has sanctioned the unit to the school. Various first-aid trainings, seminars, essay writing and painting competitions, and talks are organized in our school in which volunteers from different schools participate.
The Indian Red Cross's programmes are grouped into four main core areas:
- Promoting humanitarian principles and values
- Disaster response
- Disaster preparedness
- Health and care in the community
It promotes the humanitarian values, which encourage respect for other human beings and a willingness to work together to find solutions to problems.
Following are some of the activities conducted by Paragon Red Cross Unit:
- Expert talk on First Aid Kit at home, school and in vehicles
- Talk on importance of first aid in our life
- Seminar on various recovery positions during injury
- Hosting District level competitions
- First Aid Training